Scholarships for Graduates, and PhD Students
The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year.
We hold the application process twice a year. The application deadline is on 1 March.
Please note: We only accept online applications. The application portal will be opened about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
More than scholarships - access to a Green network
- The scholarship department can assist you in getting in touch with experts in various fields, friends of the foundation and the regional as well as international offices of the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
- We support networking between our scholarship holders and provide an intranet platform for them.
Alumni stay in touch
- Alumni are invited to an annual “alumni salon”.
- There is a regular “Alumni Newsletter”. Many former scholarship holders go on to become partners of the foundation.
- Alumni take part in our selection committees or become liaison professors at universities in Germany and abroad.