Program Coordinator Ecology and Social Justice (1 position)
The Heinrich Böll Stiftung Southeast Asia Regional Office in Bangkok (hbs) is currently seeking one Program Coordinator for our component of “Ecology and Social Justice” starting at the earliest possible date. hbs is the German Green Political Foundation which is affiliated to the "Alliance '90/The Greens" political party represented in German Federal Parliament, our Head Office is in Berlin with 33 international offices operating worldwide. By becoming part of our team, you can join a strong network and engage in a fruitful exchange of expertise in an innovative and progressive organization.
Within our Regional Ecology and Social Justice Program, we are aiming to promote sustainable, inclusive and gender-democratic development paradigms. The Program Coordinator will plan and administer projects in the areas of climate change, energy, equitable land use, extractive industries as well as private and public investment in large-scale infrastructure and development projects across Southeast Asia. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the director and hbs partners throughout the ASEAN countries, as well as relevant stakeholders at the national, regional and international levels.
- Conceptualize the program component Ecology and Social Justice in the framework of the ASEAN regional program in consultation with partners
- Appraise project proposals from partners within the framework of the program components formulated overall objective, its goals and hbs strategies
- Monitor implementation of activities and their administrative handling (budget planning and control, activity sheets, reports, evaluation etc.)
- Facilitate national, regional and international networking, training and exposure for project staff in partner institutions or its allies and identify related needs as well as potentials
- Ensure the integration of gender into all aspects of work, providing the necessary capacity building and support to partners
- Continuously observe the articulation of new policies developed in state institutions and the response, positioning or formulation of alternatives from civil society perspective and related lobby and advocacy work, newly emerging networks, alliances and their politics in the ASEAN region
- University degree in any field relevant to the work described above
- Excellent written and spoken English, high proficiency in written and spoken Thai or other ASEAN languages.
- Minimum of 3 years specialized experience in the area of ecology and social justice, including energy, infrastructure investment and climate change policies
- Work experience with an international employer is a strong asset
- Strong interest to cross-cut gender into all aspects of work
- Proven ability to think strategically, use own initiative and act responsibly
- Excellent presentation and networking skills, facilitation skills are an asset
- Strong organizational skills and reliability in time management, schedule organization, and resource management, readiness to follow hbs administrative standards and procedures
- Skilled in Project Cycle Management, Monitoring & Evaluation and readiness to familiarize with hbs planning and monitoring methods
- Identification with hbs’ values and objectives
The first contract is offered until the end of 2020 with the possibility to extend. Duty station is Bangkok. Please send your application consisting of a letter of motivation and a CV indicating your salary expectations to: email@example.com until July 31st, 2018. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are looking forward to your application.